Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Winter vs. Nuclear Wasteland


Winter in Canada isn't so bad, because you're usually prepared for it. Unfortunately, we were fairly unprepared for the 15cm of snow we got last night. I had to change out the mats in the car and find the snow brush in the middle of the storm last night, and I still haven't put the winter tires on because it's supposed to be 15C on Friday. That's too warm for snow tires.

Also, the garage hasn't been cleaned out yet, so I can't even park the car in there. I can't clean out the garage until we're done with Halloween, since we have a large witch in there that I will need to disassemble. Ah well. At least I know what I'm doing this weekend.

Once the garage is clean, then I will have time for Fallout! I found a funny developer diary here. In it, the developer describes how he decided to make up a character as he went through the game, rather than just playing the game. Each time he played through, his experience was completely different. For example, you can imagine that "Bob the Drunken Do-Gooder" would behave a bit differently than "Stanley the Emotionally Scarred Coward".

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Too bad your wife won't let you play your new game this weekend, because you promised to clean out "your" messy garage

F3rret said...

When the snows come, I'll be glad to have a warm dry spot to park the car. I hate scraping it down when it's -20C out. That will be my motivation for cleaning it. :)

Ll4ma said...

You guys need help.
You it's legal for this sort of conversation to happen out loud in your home right?