Saturday, October 18, 2008

Under pressure

As you may have already read on my wife's blog, The Billy Whitmore Experience is now 12-0. In our second game of three on Thurday, we were quite far behind. Like, 11-21 far behind, with the game ending at 25 points. We realized we were in trouble, and managed to really crank it up at the end, and brought it to 22-24, with ME serving next. I had been serving like crap all game, and now I couldn't make a single mistake, or the other team would win.

It was stressed out, nervous, pacing, and just generally trying to ignore the rest of the team who was either telling me "Don't screw up!" or "Relax!". Thanks guys. In any case, My three serves made it over the net, and the team didn't let anything by either, and we won the game 25-24. Yay us!

Also, congratulations to the wife for getting published in the Ottawa Citizen. She's a much more diligent blogger than I. :)

No comments: