Monday, October 20, 2008

Sandvich!


Yesterday, my wife made me a fantastic slow-cooker roast beef. I got the butcher to cut it fresh for me, then we cooked it 8 hours in the slow cooker. The sauce had root beer, ginger and BBQ sauce (among other things), and made the whole house smell good the whole day. When it came out, it was so tender I couldn't carve it, it just fell apart. It was so good, I brought some for lunch today, bought a fresh baguette, and made a fantastic sandwich out of it. If I had a camera at work, (and if people wouldn't have thought I was crazy), I would post a picture of it. It was that good. Seriously.


A buddy of mine has been talking about Fable 2 for a while now, and I think I might pick it up. I haven't bought a game in a while, and there is talk that Fable 2 might get some Game of the Year awards. It's an RPG that (supposedly) combines meaty combat with layers of rich chunky moral choices and tops it all with fresh crusty french bread co-op.

Yeah, the roast was that good.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Of all the fancy / gourmet meals that I slave over, you pick slow cooker pot roast as your favourite?!?

I love you dearly...but $&%#!

Way to live up to that male stereotype!