Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Sushi Surprise

A small Sushi restaurant recently opened up near the wife and I, so we decided to give it a try tonight. I've had sushi before, but my experince has been very limited. I've had the following:

- seaweed, rice and a little green thing
- seaweed, rice and a little pink thing

Now, I figure that makes me some kind of Sushi Connoisseur, right? I look at the menu to the new restaurant, and I deduce that I have probably had an Avocado Roll, and a Salmon Roll before. I did some research before coming, and I figure that a California Roll (avocado, cucumber, fake crab) sounds good too. So I order an Avocado Roll, a Spicy Salmon Roll, and a California Roll.

When I get it home, I can't recognize anything on the little tray except for the avocado one. Those were OK. The salmon one was some kind of crazy salmon salad instead of a little piece of fish, and the California Roll is made up mostly of flying fish eggs. SURPRISE! MOUTHFULL OF FISH EGGS! Needless to day, most of the dinner did NOT get eaten, and I'm now enjoying a turkey sandwich.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Yeah...so the forray into the world of sushi did not go so well. Too bad! I still find myself gagging when I think of the fish roe surprise. Thanks hubs, thanks a million. My IBS and bowel thank you as well...