Monday, December 8, 2008

Filthy hippies

On Saturday, I was out in the cold waving a Canadian flag in support of our government. I had never been to a rally before, so I didn't really know what to expect. Basically, it was a lot of Conservative MPs giving short speeches, and a very un-animated MC trying to get people to chant. It looked like a lot of the crowd had never been to a rally before either. That's to be expected, since most Conservatives have full-time jobs and get regular haircuts. :P

On Sunday, we lost electricity at our house at 11am, and it started getting pretty cold there by 5pm. So we packed up the guinea pigs and headed out to the in-law's place to spend the night. I didn't sleep well, so I'm feeling pretty rough this morning. 

This week, I hope to finish up my Christmas shopping. This will be a record for me, usually it comes down to the last week before Christmas, and I'm still running around.

1 comment:

Ll4ma said...

Hey dude,
No surprise, my mom and dad were without power too. They took off for the day. I sympathize.

In unrelated news, I am now licenced to possess and acquire non-restricted AND restricted firearms. Woot. We will figure out some time to go shooting at some point when it is not so damn cold out.