Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Democracy?

I don't usually blog about politics, but I'm starting to get pretty angry. After claiming that he would never form a Coalition, Dion has gone ahead and made one. There are a number of reasons why this sucks:

1) He said he would never make a coalition with the NDP because of their economic policies. Now he is making a coalition with them so that they can help him make economic policy?
2) The Bloc would be able to demand whatever they want, and the Liberals would agree because they need the Bloc support. The Constitution was nice while it lasted, I suppose.
3) Dion led the Liberals to a humiliating defeat in the last election, and now he wants to lead us out of an economic crisis? People would have voted Liberal if they had confidence in Dion. They didn't, and they don't.
4) Dion is stepping down early next year, so the Liberal party would get to decide who the next PM is without letting Canada vote on it. Yay Democracy!

The worst part is that all of the Bloc, Liberal or NDP MPs are all doing what their party tells them. Nobody has the brains or testicular fortitude to stand up and say "Wait a minute! This isn't good for Canada...".

Hopefully the Governor General can show that her position is still relevant, and can tell Dion And Friends to go to hell.

3 comments:

Ll4ma said...

WORD!!

Honestly, what the hell are the losing politicians thinking? I don't mind saying I voted conservative, which was a tough choice for me. We had 2 (liberal and conservative) good candidates in my riding, and some other miscelaneous crap (The NDP candidate was a 3rd years arts student. WOWIE-wowie-wow). I wasn't sure I voted the right way before, but I'm glad I voted the way I did now, and I'm double-plus sure that I'll vote that way again if I have to in the near future.

Every citizen has the right and duty to choose the way our country is run. The people spoke. And now the other 3 biggest political parties think they know better than the people what the people want? Talk about wasting the taxpayer's time and money! I am absolutely outraged over this. The "coalition" sounds like a bunch of sore losers, and none of their "plans" that I've read about are going to materialize in time to do any good. And honestly, they sticking point here is the economy, and it's my personal opinion that they are reacting to the american mortgage crisis. Uh, did they miss that none of our banks have shown the signs that they need a huge bailout?

All I can hope is that our governor general isn't a complete muppet, and knows that she represents the people and shouldn't try to make this decision on her own.

F3rret said...

Extra points for proper use of "muppet". :)

Jenny said...

indeed...great use of "muppet". Don't forget to send these letters to the GG, the Liberals, the NDP and the Bloq. Someone has to remind them that they are about to commit political and democratic suicide