Thursday, August 28, 2008

Crashing Castles and Computers

Last night, niether the wife nor I were feeling much like swing dancing. So we skipped out on our last class to grab dinner at a pub, pick up some books, and head home for a night in. "What luck!", I thought. "Castle Crashers at last!". However, when we got home and discovered that her computer wouldn't boot, I had other work to do.

It looks like the hard drive itself completely died. None of the utilities that I tried can find any paritions on it, and I'm getting nothing but read errors. My last hope is to boot off of a Knoppix DVD to try dd_rescue. I'm not hopeful, but it's worth a shot.

I got to play SOME Castle Crashers last night, and I definitely enjoyed it. Very nice art style, and the combat is as simple or as complex as you want to make it. You can mash the X button for quick attacks, or you can try to juggle enemies up in the air, chain together combos, use your magic attacks, etc. It looks like it could be very fun for newbies and experienced gamers alike. We'll see if I can convince the wife.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Ahhh yes, but can you craft burlap sacks and dresses à la WOW? Keep working on the h drive!