Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Run F3rret, Run: Week 1 Day 1

Yesterday at 5:30am, I got up to go running for the first time. As it turns out, the most difficult part is making it out the front door. Once I made it out there, it was completely quiet and peaceful, the air was crisp, and the sun was rising. Pretty nice, actually. :)

Once I got running, it wasn't so bad. The Couch Potato To 5K program eases you into it, and gets your muscles and joints used to working out. I was a bit sore yesterday and today, but nothing too bad. I definitely feel like I can run again tomorrow morning.

I also weighed myself before my run, I was 197 lbs. I'm normally about 200 lbs, but I wasn't feeling well on Sunday night. Combine a lack of appetite with other symptoms, and I was a bit below my normal weight. My main reason for running is better cardio health, but weight loss would be a nice side effect, too.

No comments: