Thursday, January 8, 2009

The joy of ordering online

I ran out of things to read, and I decided to order some books online from Chapters. There were a couple more obscure books that I wanted that weren't available in stores, so ordering online was the way to go. I picked out 3 zombie books from authors I hadn't heard of before, I got The Road by Cormac McCarthy, and then an Odd Thomas book from Dean Koontz that I hadn't read. The Dean Koontz book was supposed to be my "safe" book. Even if I turned out to hate all 4 of the books by the new authors, I was sure to enjoy In Odd We Trust. I liked the author, and the main character in this series is excellent. 

However, when I opened the book, it turns out it's a graphic novel. That's a mature term for "comic book". I missed that when I was going through the description online. Ah well. Here's hoping it's a good  comic book, at least.

No comments: